Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
With the establishment of the new Central Government of the country, the greatest expectation of the people got fulfilled with the announcement of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) by the Department of Financial services under the Ministry of Finance. This is a national mission for monetary addition in order to ensure proper access of the people towards various financial services which includes remittance, insurance, credit, banking accounts and pension in the most reasonable way.
Under this scheme, any individual can open an account in any bank with zero account balance and enjoy maximum benefits of these accounts. Some of the major benefits of such accounts include:
- Interest charge on deposits.
- Insurance cover for accident of Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Insurance cover for Life of Rs. 30000.
- No necessity of maintaining any minimum balance.
- Easy money transfer facility across India and many more.
By providing such benefits to the account holders under this scheme, the government aims for higher objectives which can lead to the financial stability of the country. This is a small step taken for the growth of the country. The major objectives of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana are as follows:
- To provide access to the people towards savings bank accounts.
- To provide access of credit to the people based on their need.
- Aiming at universal access of facilities of banks.
- Spreading awareness about financial literacy among people who are unknown to it.
- To attain financial stability.